Keeping Me Accountable
One of my latest posts stated that I was going to chronicle change in my life. And to do this, I thought I could use some accountability partners — some people to say, what happened? Why didn’t you post? Why didn’t you do what you said you would.
Well, more than a week has gone by, and I’m just now making the first of my accountability posts. Truth be told, I’ve kind of been neglecting my blog because I fell a little short when reaching the goals I set last week.
As a reminder, here are the goals I made:
- I intend to begin to chronicle change.
- I intend to establish more connections on social networks (Facebook, LinkedIn) with people who are involved in media.
- I intend to become more active in activities which will prove to be effective in my goal to show people the benefits of social networks for business.
Time to face the music.
- With these posts, I did, in fact, begin to chronicle change. I had initially hoped I would make more frequent posts than once or twice a week, but unfortunately, I was either too busy or distracted to make more posts happen. Maybe next week.
- My second goal from last week was to make connections with other people who are in traditional media. I failed to do this at all. I don’t know what happened to me, but I just felt like I lacked the energy to connect with others who could help me either bring business or other connections to people who are in the positions which could establish me as a prominent businessman. So that one will be on the list again.
- The third and final goal I made last week was to become more active in activities which proved beneficial to my ultimate goal of showing the world how advantageous social networks were for business. For this one, I did fairly well, but I still found myself going to applications in Facebook which devoured HOURS of my time and energy. However, I have made a point to make calls to business people who are in positions to hire me.
How do you think I did? I can go through my lists and give myself a point value, but I realize that what I’m asking for is for contributions! On a scale of 0 – 10, with 0 being not at all and 10 being remarkable work, how do you think I did?
I intend to make more goals and post them on Monday, May 4.
How ’bout it?
This entry was posted on April 30, 2009 at 1:20 pm and is filed under grammar, networking, personal branding, relationship economy, social networking, social web, The Communications Factors, twitter, Web2.0. You can subscribe via RSS 2.0 feed to this post's comments.comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.